Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Stock Management Software - I call it stockIT

Well this one is more of a blog which will be a memory than a web hit . Today 20-06-2015 , ohh well lets go few days back , so starting last Tuesday , i started trading on my DMAT account , invested slowly , slowly till i became all crazy about it and started investing more , and guess what 3K in 4 days , that's what i could make , with an initial investment of 40K . 

Well , well , well , which bank in this small world gives such an interests , practically none . Anyways , that;s not the point . Now i ended up buying more and more shares of different companies and i felt that i need a SHARES management system for myself local on my desktop , i don't want to login to my trading account and keep seeing my investment , reports and profits. 

So what i decide to write my own stock buying and selling management system , started early morning and i have the back end ready by now . Yet i  need to write the UX . Well who knows if this ends up great , i might end up sharing it publicly on github or somewhere.

Next is , should i write the UX as a desktop application or a web application , that decision is still to be taken . 

Ohh let me share , the backend is Java and database used is OrientDB a nosql graph database , ah i might have talked about it a lot in my previous blogs .

So as of today , as i sleep , the software i wrote in morning , add the stock i bought to the database , adds the stocks i sold to the database , keeping a relation between the bought stock and the sold stock of the same company , and well yeah it generates a report in the form of a db table / vertex here , that tells me each companies' share i bought and sold , total investment , total sales , profit or loss . 

More to be implemented . I don't know if you read this entire blog or not , but if you did i really appreciate it , keep reading .

-@nmol

No comments:

Post a Comment